Vacancy: Additive Manufacturing Research Engineer – Metal Processes
Added Scientific, a spin-out of the University of Nottingham’s Centre for Additive Manufacturing, is a world-leading provider of technical services in the field of Additive Manufacturing. We help companies research and implement AM technologies, providing services including material development, process optimisation, training and strategy.
Due to a rapidly growing project portfolio, we have a requirement for Project Research Engineer to lead research activities within specific projects. This role will involve process optimisation for metallic laser-based AM systems to develop components with superior performance characteristics. As part of this, you will be required to operate a Renishaw AM250 system, including build set-up and part handling. In addition to working as part of the Added Scientific research team, the role will also involve liaising with customers and external project partners.
· Must be qualified to PhD level or equivalent in a relevant field
· Must have 3+ years’ research experience in AM systems
· Must have a deep knowledge of metallic AM systems, including selective laser melting
· Excellent written communication skills required, fluent English is essential.
· Self-starting individual; able to use initiative to meet deadlines.
· Experience of using Renishaw AM systems
· Experience of developing parameters for Aluminium alloys
· Project management experience, ideally within a large project context
· Experience of Design for AM methodologies
The role will be based full-time at our facility in Nottingham. Travel to customer sites may be required occasionally. Competitive salary.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to Sophie Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or for more details, please call 0115 6846820.