Vacancy - Additive Manufacturing Research Engineer: Computational Design and Analysis
Added Scientific, a spin-out of the University of Nottingham’s Centre for Additive Manufacturing, is a world-leading provider of technical services in the field of Additive Manufacturing. We help companies research and implement AM technologies, providing services including material development, process modelling, design optimisation, training and strategy.
We're growing quickly and we now have a requirement for a Project Research Engineer to lead research activities within specific projects. This role will involve the use of commercial computational design and analysis software (FEA and CFD) and the development of in-house code (e.g. using Matlab, Python, C++). In addition to working as part of the Added Scientific research team, the role will also involve liaising with customers and external project partners.
· Must be qualified to PhD level or equivalent in a relevant field
· Must have 3+ years’ research experience in computational engineering
· Must be fluent in commercial design (CAD) and analysis (FEA) software
· Must have experience in writing code/algorithms, either as stand-alone software or commercial software add-ons.
· Excellent written communication skills required, fluent English is essential.
· Self-starting individual; able to use initiative to meet deadlines.
· Working knowledge of AM systems, including selective laser sintering/melting
· Expertise in multi-physics modelling, e.g. solid-fluid, thermo-mechanical
· Expertise in mathematical optimisation algorithms (development and/or application)
· Project management experience
The role will be based full-time at our facility in Nottingham. Travel to customer sites may be required occasionally.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to Sophie Jones at email@example.com or for more details, please call 0115 6846820.