VACANCY: Additive Manufacturing Research Engineer – Polymer Processes
Added Scientific, a spin-out of the University of Nottingham’s Centre for Additive Manufacturing, is a world-leading provider of technical services in the field of Additive Manufacturing. We help companies research and implement AM technologies, providing services including material development, process optimisation, training and strategy.
Due to a rapidly growing project portfolio, we have a requirement for Project Research Engineer to lead research activities within specific projects. This role will involve material optimisation of photocurable resins; process development for vat-based AM systems; material characterisation and testing. In addition to working as part of the Added Scientific research team, the role will also involve liaising with customers and external project partners.
· Must be qualified to PhD level or equivalent in a relevant field
· Must have 3+ years’ research experience in additive manufacturing and polymer chemistry
· Must have a thorough knowledge of relevant test equipment for material development, including DMA, DSC and FTIR.
· Excellent written communication skills required, fluent English is essential.
· Self-starting individual; able to use initiative to meet deadlines.
· Experience of undertaking machine modifications on stereolithography and Digital Light Processing systems
· Project management experience
· Experience in Design for AM methodologies
The role will be based full-time at our facility in Nottingham. Travel to customer sites may be required occasionally. Competitive salary.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to Sophie Jones at email@example.com or for more details, please call 0115 6846820.