Reporting to the board, this is an exciting opportunity to lead a busy team in a small, vibrant and growing company that undertakes contract services in the field of Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing. The “Director of Operations – Services” role will be a key appointment with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please mark your application with subject: Director of Operations – Services.
Added Scientific is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from anyone from any background and situation.
- You will have a technical background, ideally in engineering and have an interest and a curiosity in Additive Manufacturing. You will have at least a bachelor equivalent degree in a technical subject. You will have had 10 years’ business experience and 5 years’ line management experience
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently within a team and understand the importance of reporting progress. You must be able to manage your time effectively and know when to escalate issues and ask for assistance. You will be comfortable with leading a group autonomously.
- You must be strong in HR – including line managing technical people and in supporting a strong team with excellent morale. You must demonstrate understanding of how to develop, promote and inspire talented people.
- You must have experience of operating under health and safety systems and COSHH and be able to explain the criticality of working to a good H+S standard.
- You should have some understanding of the financial running of a business and be very numerate.
- You will be comfortable in many outward facing settings and using all types of media. For example you should be comfortable presenting to clients or prospects and be able to run meetings. You will be called upon to demonstrate the value-add of the company to various audiences and so you must be comfortable with this also.
- Working in a lab environment including handling chemicals and COSHH
- CAD/Design, modelling or simulation
- Technical work in engineering, physics, processes or chemistry
- Using a 3D printer to produce parts
- Advanced use of MS excel and word (advanced formulas, pivot tables, macros)
- Planning team building events
- 360 feedback and other mechanisms for employee development and review
- Business operation software – eg. accounts, timesheet, resource planning, CRM
- Accounts and project accounting experience
- Marketing, sales, PR, exhibiting at events and presenting at conferences
- Assessing technical work, coaching on technical work, planning technical work
- Setting and implementing H+S policy
- Strategy setting
Perks of working here
Access to state-of-the-art equipment
We’re at the forefront of Additive Manufacturing and with one of the most comprehensive laboratories, have access to a wide range of Additive Manufacturing equipment.
Many of our clients are overseas, so you’ll have plenty of chance to travel to their offices to ensure we’re giving them the best service possible.
Additive Manufacturing is constantly evolving, and you’ll be kept up-to-speed on the latest changes in the sector in industry-standard training from our experts.
In-office clubs & social activities
Whether you’re interested in joining our in-office yoga group, or just fancy joining us for drinks each week, we love socialising outside of the office as well.
Control your own schedule
We know that different people work in different ways - that’s why we give you autonomy over your own working hours, so you work when is best for you.