Reporting to the general manager, this is the opportunity to work in a busy team in a small but growing company in a role with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Working within good health and safety and ethical standards.
- Project planning including high level task management and Gantt chart creation
- Resource planning at project and global level
- Client liaison – milestone negotiation, sign off, finances
- Financial control of project and project accounting
- Risk management
- Reporting to board and management
- Organising and running meetings
- Progress chasing – balancing the tension between project, technical and creative forces
- Supplier and university liaison
- Problem management
- Travel to customer sites may be required occasionally
Salary and Location
Competitive salary dependent upon experience – Please indicate your salary expectations on application.
The role is full time and is based at our facility in Nottingham.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application with subject: Project Manager Application.
- A minimum of 2 years Project Management experience.
- Ability to work independently within a team and understand the importance of reporting progress.
- Able to manage your time effectively and know when to escalate issues and ask for assistance.
- Experience of running technical projects and show that you have the personality required to manage the project team over whom you have no direct power.
- Project management experience should cover a range of scales of projects and you should be ready to discuss the methods, software and documentation that you employ.
- Strong analytical thinking and good communication skills and be able to talk about the importance of initiative, responsibility, relationships and ethics.
- Understand the meaning and importance of being aligned with the business strategy, decisions and culture.
Perks of working here
Access to state-of-the-art equipment
We’re at the forefront of Additive Manufacturing, and with one of the most comprehensive laboratories, have access to a wide range of Additive Manufacturing equipment.
Many of our clients are overseas, so you’ll have plenty of chance to travel to their offices to ensure we’re giving them the best service possible.
Additive Manufacturing is constantly evolving, and you’ll be kept up-to-speed on the latest changes in the sector in industry-standard training from our experts.
In-office clubs & social activities
Whether you’re interested in joining our in-office yoga group, or just fancy joining us for drinks each week, we love socialising outside of the office as well.
Control your own schedule
We know that different people work in different ways - that’s why we give you autonomy over your own working hours, so you work when is best for you.